Chat11 replies

W203/S203

Replies

11 replies

On the 1.8 kompressors, you should first check the chain condition and the Vanos gear teeth, then check whether oil is leaking from the Vanos solenoids into the wiring harness - it can travel all the way to the ECU, you need to look into this, and if that's the case an extra connector should be added in between to fix it. The crankcase breather hoses tend to develop tears over time, or the valve stops functioning properly, and it starts throwing fault codes like rich/lean mixture.

Translated from Turkish

The 5G-Tronic is a very durable torque-converter automatic. If you don't know when the fluid was last changed, I'd recommend changing it. I believe these cars will go a very long way with calm driving and proper maintenance.

Translated from Turkish

The car's currently sitting in a parking lot, I'm the 4th owner, and I can trace it all the way back to the first owner if needed, but once it's plated it'll go straight in for service.

Translated from Turkish

It's going in for a full service, all the fluid maintenance and filters will be changed, and the person doing it is a mechanic friend of mine who's worked at Mercedes for years.

Translated from Turkish

It's great that someone who knows what they're doing will be looking at it. You won't have trouble with engine or mechanical parts on this car, every part is available and the prices aren't too high.

Translated from Turkish