With a budget of around 1,500, would you recommend an F30 or a W204 For the F30, which model and which engine code should it have For the W204, 5G or 7G Or what do you think about the 218is? I'd be glad if you help I'm open to different car suggestions too
Translated from TurkishReplies
3 repliesAs someone who looked at all the options back then — yes, get an F30, I'm still driving one now, the feel is very different. If you want it new and loaded with packages, I'd look at the 318; if a lively engine matters, I'd look at the 2.0 F30. The 218i would also be quite nice, the chronic issues of the B38 engine are written about everywhere, it's not a bad engine, or, like I said, the N20 engine — you'll be looking at a car anyway, and the cars you're looking at are already good in terms of price, performance, and value.
Translated from TurkishThere are a lot of engine options in the F30. The first version at 136 hp was the N13s (I think it was the 316i), it later became the 320i ED at 170 hp. This engine is basically trouble-free once you replace certain key parts with genuine ones. Since it's a very common car on the market, its problems are now well known and get fixed — rocker cover, turbo, etc. The 318i's turbo also cracks. The 320i's N20 engine has some problems too. But if you get a clean one and spend a bit of money, you'll drive it wonderfully. If it were up to me though, I'd get a spotless C180 W204 and drive that :)
Translated from TurkishLet me answer the 5G-or-7G question like this: the 7G that came with the facelift is a bit more up to date since it's more technologically advanced. In terms of reliability they're already the same type of gearbox anyway. So it doesn't really matter which one the car you're getting has :) but if you have a 1.5 million budget, the facelifted W204 is within reach, and those already come with the 7G anyway (I'd recommend the facelift anyway, the car jumps a big level with the facelift). The C180-C200-C220s are based on the M271 engine and it's an extremely trouble-free engine. Supercharged or turbo doesn't matter.
Translated from Turkish

