In my newly bought car, I have a slight wheel balance issue at around 130 km/h and an annoying one at 150+ km/h. On 3 different balancing machines, the issue was never fully resolved and each gave different results. Two of my wheels that were slightly bent were straightened. The dampers and suspension were checked and there's no issue there. My two rear tires are 3-year-old Conti 6s with medium tread wear, and of my front tires one is a Conti 6 and the other a Conti 7, both with good tread. I think the only solution left is to get new tires. What do you think?
Translated from TurkishReplies
3 repliesHi, get well soon. If there's also misalignment in the steering, be sure to check the shock towers and mounts — if there's any bending, cracking or deformation there, nothing you do will fix it. Also, if your tires have lost their properties, tread depth doesn't matter at all, because once a tire's structure degrades it hardens and can also cause a humming noise.
Translated from TurkishI wonder if you managed to solve the problem — I have the exact same issue. The tires were changed, I had the balancing done multiple times above the car's normal balance spec, same with the alignment, several times. The front and rear control arms and discs were replaced, the steering rack shaft was replaced. I got absolutely no result. I'd say I've wasted 50,000 lira because of this problem.
Translated from TurkishI had the same problem — no matter what I did, it wouldn't get fixed. My mechanic said from the very start it was the tires. After doing 10 different fixes, I changed the tire and it was solved. Sounds like a joke, but it's true.
Translated from Turkish

