Chat3 replies

Would you recommend the Ford Kuga 2023 1.5 EcoBoost?

Original Poster

Hello, I want to buy the Kuga from Sinan's review. Is there a chronic problem you know of, or something that's complained about a lot? They say the engine's performance relative to its horsepower etc. isn't great. I wonder if it's because of the gearbox

Translated from Turkish

Replies

3 replies

Hello, it's not just because of the transmission, it's also because of the car's weight. I'd recommend looking at the entries on Şikayetvar about this engine. There are people who got a crate engine and are having various issues.

Translated from Turkish

You can buy the 2023 1.5 EcoBoosts with peace of mind. Some 2024s have issues, but the 2023s rarely have them - a Kuga with remaining warranty is a real treat.

Translated from Turkish

I can't be fully sure so I can't say anything definite - was the timing on the 2023 1.5 EcoBoosts a belt or a chain? I know they switched to chain, but I don't know when that switch happened. If it's belt-driven (a belt that runs in oil), I'd recommend staying away from it. I haven't heard of much chronic engine trouble on the chain ones.

Translated from Turkish