Chat5 replies

Automatic car recommendations around 600k

Original Poster

hello, we're looking for a fully automatic car around 600-700k. We have in mind cars like the Aveo 1.4 LT or LTZ, Opel Corsa 1.4 Twinport. What do you recommend?

Translated from Turkish

Replies

5 replies

I'd say stay away from anything connected to General Motors, like Opel-Chevrolet. These cars' styling looks very modern and you like it, but the market for them is really troublesome. Even when the market was moving fast, these cars sold sluggishly, and since the market slowed down, buying and selling these cars has almost stopped completely. Also, it's hard to find parts and a good mechanic. I'd say cars like the Ford Fiesta, VW Polo, Hyundai i20, Renault Clio would be more sensible to look at. Safer choices.

Translated from Turkish

Actually we initially had the Clio in mind, but we gave up on it because of the robotized gearbox in the Clio 3s that fit our budget. Honestly I don't have a goal of it being easy to resell, because I'm not the one financing it myself — I've been given financing to buy a car. I'm just looking for a car I can enjoy as much as possible, one I can drive comfortably and trouble-free for at least 3-5 years.

Translated from Turkish

I'd recommend the Audi A3 1.6 with the tiptronic gearbox, I drove one for 2 years with zero expenses — if you find a well-maintained one it's trouble-free. Don't bother with tin cans like the Aveo, Corsa etc.

Translated from Turkish