Chat4 replies

What can be bought in the 350k range

Translated from Turkish
Original Poster

I have a single-door Polo 6N; adding a bit more on top of it, which car makes sense in the 350-370 range? One that won't cause engine and electrical problems and can be kept away from the workshop? Petrol, diesel, LPG doesn't matter, km under 230-240k, I'm considering models like Renault Clio 1.5 dCi Dacia Sandero Seat Ibiza Peugeot 208 Skoda Fabia You can suggest others too; which is more solid, what's your recommendation?

Translated from Turkish

Replies

4 replies

In that price range, I think almost all the cars you listed won't be in a great state in terms of mileage and condition. If you're chasing something small and trouble-free, I'd recommend a 1.4 DOHC Getz. The 6N1 is a fun body, and if you've sorted out its chronic issues you should be enjoying it right now. You could look at the Civic, but as you'd expect, its price is unreasonably high. You could look at the Almera. To be honest, in that range there aren't really any new-model, low-mileage, accident-free and clean cars left.

Translated from Turkish

Hi, I could recommend a Peugeot 206. You can find a clean one at that price. If you want something bigger, you could also look at the 307 and C4 models. They're cars with low running costs and easily found parts, the choice is yours

Translated from Turkish

If you just want it to get you from point A to point B; - Renault Clio2/Symbol (16-valve I'd recommend) - Ford Fiesta 2004 MK5-6 (I wouldn't recommend the automatic) - Ford Focus 1 (you won't find low mileage at this price, but if you find one it's a really good car) - Hyundai Getz - Hyundai Accent Era (watch out for ex-taxis) - Hyundai Accent 2001 - Opel Corsa + Note: on high-mileage Fords with LPG, whether the valves are burnt or not matters

Translated from Turkish