Worth buying at 240,000 km?
3008 1.6 BlueHDi
3008 1.6 BlueHDi
Hello, I'm about to buy a 2017 3008 1.6 BlueHDi 120 HP EAT6 automatic. The car has no front-end accident; the two left doors and two right doors and a fender are painted, driver and passenger airbags repaired, the tubes replaced; other than that nothing on the car, it drives quite well, and the car has 240,000 km with major service done in 04/2025, timing belt replaced. Do you think it's a car worth buying for 970,000 TL? I won't buy to sell, I plan to drive it for a long time.
Translated from TurkishI don't think mileage matters that much — any well-maintained car is worth buying. But having a repaired airbag will also cause you trouble when you try to sell it later, just so you know.
Translated from Turkish@emreozzeybek I'm not planning to sell it anytime soon, so worst case it becomes the household's second car. I'm just hesitant about whether to buy it or not, because the price seemed reasonable and I don't want to miss out, but I don't know much about cars — this car seems like a good deal for the money to me.
Translated from TurkishThe key sentence is, you said you don't know much about cars. Do you know what a Peugeot does to a guy who doesn't understand cars? It has both high mileage and even the airbags have been worked on. You said it could be the household's second car — but a Peugeot isn't a car that can just sit parked and idle either. It'll rack up costs even while just sitting there. Turn back from this while you still can. You'll experience the proverb "cheap meat makes bland stew" firsthand. Whoever's going to buy this car needs to be someone who's been through the wringer of mechanics and cars, who knows what to do and where. It'll wear you down. Plain and simple.
Translated from TurkishDon't touch that at all. For that money, get a lower-tier City or something similar. The moment you say you don't know much about cars, you should head straight for Asian brands. I'd recommend cars like the Swift, City, or Jazz — ones that won't wear out or give you trouble. After a solid inspection, you can drive it comfortably for a long time with peace of mind.
Translated from TurkishMate, if it were me, I'd buy it — after all, the car's priced accordingly. I'd drive it for 5 years, and even if I sold it back at the price I bought it for, I'd still come out ahead for the years I drove it.
Translated from TurkishDefinitely stay away. There are much, much better cars you can buy for around 970k, trust me. Especially if you're not that great with cars, I'd definitely recommend going toward brands known for reliability.
Translated from TurkishThat's about 1M in money... I'd recommend getting a cleaner car, bro.
Translated from Turkish