Parts5 replies

Thinking of buying a Peugeot 408 1.2.

Replies

5 replies

It depends on the year - it could work if you're thinking 2025, the turbo does a lot of work for its size, but if it's around 2021-22, there's the wet timing belt issue - you'll need to change the belt around 50,000 km and the costs are high.

Translated from Turkish

Don't get too hung up on the engine issue, as long as you do the proper maintenance and use the right oil there's no problem. The car is already quite comfortable and good-looking — if you're not expecting a lot of performance, it can be bought

Translated from Turkish

This is a car I gave up on after a test drive at Can Otomotiv in Ümraniye, Istanbul. It seemed appealing in terms of looks and features, but after hearing the engine's screaming noise coming into the cabin while driving, and its disappointing performance, I gave up on it.

Translated from Turkish

I recommend it with a clear conscience, the people I know who use it are very happy. In 1-2 months I'll be switching from the 308 to the 408 myself. If your budget allows, definitely go for the GT trim.

Translated from Turkish

I used it for about a year, and contrary to what people say, I didn't have any problems, only parking in Istanbul city center could be an issue, other than that I can say I enjoyed driving it. If you don't expect high performance and keep up with regular maintenance, you'll drive it quite comfortably.

Translated from Turkish