Between the two cars, post-2022 (new-body 320i), which would you prefer and why?
Translated from TurkishReplies
9 repliesFor comfort and driving dynamics I'd choose BMW's 320i; in my view Mercedes's only advantage is its interior design.
Translated from TurkishMercedes's Burmester sound system is a notch better than Harman Kardon. The interior is ahead of the G20; other than that I can't see any other advantage.
Translated from TurkishIn 2020, torn between the two, I chose the C200. My reason for choosing it was that it has a more stylish look and interior design. Very comfortable.
Translated from TurkishAs someone who was torn between the C200 and the 320i and chose the 320i, and who was a Mercedes enthusiast for years, the new 320i is the car that made me buy a BMW. In the W206 chassis C200, trim noise is way too much and the material quality now falls behind BMW's.
Translated from TurkishDefinitely the G20. Even though it came out 2 years before the C200, it's still very successful — the drivetrain, gearbox and dynamics are very good, and I think the interior is much better too. It's not fanboyism, but if you like flooring it, you'll get very bored of the C200.
Translated from TurkishI think the most important criterion is drivetrain. Personally I'd pick the 320 because it's rear-wheel drive, but depending on where you use it, AWD could be more advantageous. If the C200 were rear-wheel drive, I'd pick the C200.
Translated from TurkishThe G20 is definitely a much more enjoyable car than the C200; it's also more accommodating if you want to add your own personal touches, and in tuning/performance it has a much bigger head start over the C200. Unfortunately Mercedes cuts quality in the lower segments, but BMW is stricter about that — my preference would be for the G20.
Translated from TurkishWe have a W213 facelift E-Class; if even that doesn't feel enjoyable, then I think the C-Class is already a disappointment. After moving to the G generation, BMW really started to pull ahead of Audi and Mercedes in comfort-quality-performance, in my view. If it were me, I'd go straight for the G20 without hesitation. (We've had two G30s, and I'm assuming the G20 is very close to that.)
Translated from TurkishThe G20 is better in most respects and in terms of reliability, plus its engine is more tune-friendly and trouble-free
Translated from Turkish

