Comparison13 replies

Cars that can be bought between 400-500k (my first car, age 21)

Original Poster

I have a budget between 400-500, I'm 21 and I'm looking for a car I can play around with a bit and that won't cause trouble; which cars would you recommend?

Translated from Turkish

Replies

13 replies

The Civic 1.6i DTEC hasn't gotten much appreciation in our country, but in my opinion it's a car worth trying if you want to tinker with it.

Translated from Turkish

Whatever you do, don't experiment with a commercial vehicle just because it's cheap, you'll be put off cars for life. A clean Honda would be good for tuning purposes. If you want fewer trim options, you could look for a clean 308, I think it's a car that suits modification well. If you say a headache doesn't matter, I just want my car to have charisma, you could grab a cheap E36 :)

Translated from Turkish

Hello, Suzuki Swift 1.3 4x4 Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 mk2 Good examples of these two cars will make you happy.

Translated from Turkish

For around 450,000 you could get a relatively low-mileage 1.3 90hp Punto - since it'll be your first experience, it won't stress you out with engine and fuel issues, and being part of the Fiat group you can easily find parts anywhere. This way, with the money left over, you can change up the car's style however you like - small changes like wheels, tires, coilovers etc. will also be cheaper compared to other cars.

Translated from Turkish

Look at the Corolla HB, I have one, you won't regret it. When you get it, definitely have all the detailed maintenance done, then drive it and enjoy

Translated from Turkish

I'd say check out the Fiat Punto, especially the EVO series - it might be a better option at that price range, we used one for 5 years

Translated from Turkish

I'd recommend the Mazda 3 and Fiat Punto. The Punto will be easier to sell. Also, the Punto is a bit more of a young person's car, if trunk space isn't an issue for you, you could consider it.

Translated from Turkish

Buddy, get a Mazda 323 and you won't look back, if you go with other brands in this budget you'll never get out of the repair shop

Translated from Turkish