I have a 2025 Leon; I want to trade it in, buy an A4 Allroad like the one in this example, personalize it and use it daily. What would the pros and cons be? https://shbd.io/s/mDnQX8EP
Translated from TurkishReplies
9 repliesIt'll be a higher-quality car compared to the Leon, but it will be a 10-15 year old car. Accordingly, its potential to develop problems will also go up. If you're considering the A4 Allroad, I understand the 2.0 TDIs are more reliable. The 2.0 TFSI engines have a chronic oil-burning problem.
Translated from TurkishYes mate, I know, but I'm not too fond of that era's 2.0 TDIs performance-wise, that's why I'm looking at petrol
Translated from TurkishSure, petrol is much more enjoyable and has more upside. If I'm not mistaken, the oil-burning issue was due to a design flaw in the piston rings. It's worth researching thoroughly and buying a proper car.
Translated from TurkishMate, truth is I'm happy with my car, but now I want something a notch more enjoyable to drive, like a Formentor VZ, S3, older Audis and such
Translated from TurkishI understand, mate. You need to be as careful as possible with older cars. Cars like the S3 or Formentor VZ are newer, and if you can find a well-maintained one, it'll be quite enjoyable.
Translated from TurkishI don't know your financial situation and ability, but in this era where people avoid repair shops and pull their hair out over even a small repair, the logic of 'new is new' weighs heavier for me.
Translated from TurkishIf you want peace of mind, long lifespan, and some presence too, the most sensible choice is a 2016 Audi A6 2.0TDI - won't give you trouble, has character and lasts a long time. Won't let you down
Translated from TurkishI mean mate, it's not about showing off, it's just that I want it to turn heads every time I get in and out of the car, and I want to be smiling every time I drive it
Translated from TurkishMy relationship with the repair shops is generally middling, I'm not exactly at a level where I'd get scammed, and of course I'll set some extra money aside
Translated from Turkish

