Chat5 replies

Polo? or 208?

Original Poster

peace be upon you, I'm thinking of buying a car and have a few options in mind I'm undecided between a 2011-2014 manual 1.6 TDI Polo and a 2016-2017 manual 1.6 HDi 208?

Translated from Turkish

Replies

5 replies

I think the Polo 1.6 TDI is better and its engine is more open to modification, but the 208, despite being a bit peppier, has electrical faults - for quality and modification I'd recommend the Polo

Translated from Turkish

Boss, the 1.6 TDI prices are higher than they deserve. You can find a 1.6 HDI 208 with 2 painted panels or none, 100,000-150,000 km, for 700k-750k, but forget those prices for the Polo - you can hardly find a clean one under 800k, this whole thing kind of confused me a bit

Translated from Turkish

Yes, that's true, but a VAG group car with a properly maintained engine still keeps going for a long time. French cars, despite being affordably priced, tend to keep you at the garage with electrical faults or belt issues

Translated from Turkish

By the time you add rims, tires, lowering springs and such, the Polo ends up around 860k-900k on average; with the 208, adding rims and so on, it comes to 750-800k, which price-wise seems a bit more sensible, I'm not sure though

Translated from Turkish