Chat5 replies

600,000 TL car recommendation

Original Poster

Next month, God willing, I'm buying my first car; I have a 600,000 TL budget but no car model in mind. I'd appreciate sensible suggestions for a car that isn't too old

Translated from Turkish

Replies

5 replies

I've been looking around too since I'll be downsizing my model soon. I'm considering a high-mileage D-segment, 2011 model or older, Aisin automatic Ford Mondeo. As long as the chassis and airbags are fine, I don't think the engine and transmission will give me much of a headache. There will definitely be some costs, but I don't want to go down from a D-segment car to a lower segment. I'm also considering Fiat Linea 1.6 Multijets - they're more trouble-free and can be found with a newer model year and lower mileage.

Translated from Turkish

If you can add just a bit more, I'd recommend a CU-chassis Accord. If you want it new, push for an Egea. Or if you say this is your last money, I'd recommend a clean K24 Accord. Don't buy a troubled, headache car - you won't be able to handle it.

Translated from Turkish

A 1.6 Bravo would work; in fact, at this price range the 1.4 Bravos might not have a clean engine, so it'd be better for you to go with the diesel

Translated from Turkish