Service & Maintenance2 replies

2003-2008 Fiesta odometer fault

Original Poster

I drive a 2005 1.4 TDCI Fiesta. While driving, the speedometer suddenly stops working — no matter what speed I'm actually going, it shows 0; at the same time the power drops, for example normally in 4th gear at 2000 rpm I'd be doing 70 km/h, but in this state it's only doing 60 km/h. After that the odometer also stops showing the mileage and instead shows ———, and this time the car takes throttle input and then loses power a second later. I read that the cause of this is a faulty speed sensor (the ABS sensor, on cars with ABS). I'd really appreciate it if anyone who knows about this, or has experienced it before and found a fix, could help.

Translated from Turkish

Replies

2 replies

At this stage the car isn't even counting mileage, just so you know. It's a chronic issue, the mileage sensor fails - it's a cheap part, it gets fixed once you replace it

Translated from Turkish

I had actually already gotten information that it was like that too, mate, thank you very much. Let's replace it soon then, thanks again for taking an interest.

Translated from Turkish