Comparison3 replies

BMW 320d or 320i ED 40th Year?

Original Poster

Peace be upon you; it'll be my first car, we're planning to buy an F30. I'm leaning toward the 40th Anniversary, but everyone says 'don't buy petrol, it causes lots of problems' etc., and the diesel has no package as loaded as the 40th Anniversary; besides, the color I'll buy, Estoril Blue, is hard to find in diesels. Which do you think makes sense? If I buy diesel I'll get the B47, for petrol 2015 or newer

Translated from Turkish

Replies

3 replies

Mate, sounds like you're going to use it as a bit of a showpiece :) It's true the petrol is more problematic, but honestly my heart is with the 40th anniversary - if you're young and have time to work on the car and do maintenance, I'd vote for the 1.6 petrol, but if you say 'I don't have much time but I still like diesel,' then go for the 2.0 diesel

Translated from Turkish

Mate, the 318d should also have the 40th Anniversary edition, they have the B47

Translated from Turkish

Unfortunately the 320ied has quite a lot of chronic issues. The N13-code engine is incredibly quick but very sensitive. I had 5 years of experience with it. Yes, I enjoyed it, but I always set off on every trip with question marks in my head. I'm not someone who neglects maintenance or messes around with the car here and there. Despite taking quite good care of it, it let me down a lot.

Translated from Turkish